The reason I'm answering with a post is because I'm actually quite busy right now, yet, I thought this was something that needed to be addressed quite quickly. Also, I don't have a reddit account...
I understand that this may have caused outrage, for whatever reason. I'm aware that there are several things that need to be fixed with our approach to this translation project. After all, it would probably be disrespectful to the original author if we did not do this right.
Now, let me just clarify a few things.
NetBlazer decided to use Kamui as the translation. Our reference sheet does say Camus, yet, NB felt that this did not suit well with him, thus the current Camus/Kamui confusion. I did mention to NB that the rest of us have used Camus. It was up to him in the end to use Kamui.
I'm sorry, but this may have been my fault. I am currently very busy this week and I did not think I would complete 86 in time, thus, I did 87. Following this, Caps reserved 86 so I went ahead to 89. Then, 86 became an open translation so, at the moment, it's only been NB and I working on it. NB can only work on the project 2 hours at a time, and I'm currently on my way to a week full of assignments...
We've got new members that just asked recently to come on board the translation project. I have had no interaction with them prior to today.
Chapter Gap (AKA Chapter 114 + 115):
This is my hypothesis. Not gospel. If you want more details, you're better off asking the actual person.
Loliquent wanted to translate some chapters as a test of their skill. Thus, they reserved a chapter far, far ahead thinking that we wouldn't get up to it by the time they finished translating. Undoubtedly, this was done so they could contribute to the project without being redundant (double chapter).
This was done before they asked to join the project without our knowledge. Thus, it has not gone through quality control, nor was it actually reserved beforehand.
I'm not particularly blaming Loliquent. I just want you to understand that we are not omnipotent. You cannot expect us to be psychic, nor can we expect people to follow our 'weird' procedures.
We call ourselves a team, but I think of it more as a collaboration of people who do whatever we want. I've been told that Editors of a trans team are usually the Team Leader. However, I consider NB the leader cause he got onto the project before I did (and Yoraikun kind of deferred leadership to NB as he's working on Tate no Yuusha). With that said, we don't really work together. We just reserve our own chapter and release it. Yes, they pass it to me for editing, yet, not all of the decisions I make go into the final post (see Camus/Kamui above).
With all that said, I apologize for the confusion. I am trying to see if I can influence a change in the team's 'method of operations' but I cannot promise.
Remember, I am a human being that takes some of his free time and puts it into this translation project. Please understand that I have other commitments. I really don't want to quit this project as I'm enjoying it so far...
Update 1 (25/4/2015):
After a certain conversation, I felt that my points haven't been made quite clear. There are also additional points I'd like to make, thus the update. (Though I doubt anyone'll read this...)
- We have been using Google Drive from the very start. We are well aware of it's benefits.
- We are not a formal team. We do not have a proper leader. We are just a bunch of people.
- We have little influence over each other's translation style/format/motivations
- Loliquent was an unrelated third party when they translated chapters 114-115
- Blazing Translations is the blog to follow if you want to be properly notified of posts in Chronological Order.
- If you read the other chapters ahead of time, it is no-one's fault but your own
- ELYSION may be offering donations but it is not compulsory. You can talk to him about costs/prices and release schedules but, in the end, he will still release chapters for free (regardless of quality).
- English is not ELYSION's first language.
- ELYSION often places an 'UNEDITED' label at the top of his trans.
- If you have issues with the quality, either don't read them or do something about it. Actions speak louder than words. (Kind of Ironic considering we're doing KnW)
- Yoraikun's blog is updated infrequently as he is busy with Tate no Yuusha. I suggest not following it if you want to be updated the instant a chapter comes out.
- I'm not encouraging you to stop going to Yoraikun. I just wish you'd respect that his blog is behind as he does not update it frequently. You shouldn't really blame him for it.
- We 'reserve' chapters before hand. I, at least, translate line by line, not chapter by chapter. We are not MTLs (at least, not purely).
- I am a Machine Assisted Translator FYI (it's stated in the FAQ). I do not rely on it, I use it to help me with my Kanji reading. Still, I try and output my trans with a certain degree of quality.
- I'm not sure about the others, though. Go ask them yourself?
- I know that we still have much to learn, but we're a new group...I myself have only been translating for barely 2 months...
- I have a lot on my plate being the team editor (along with Dal). I can try and fix up the quality as long as the TLs let me.
- Rei_Hunter, I know you're trying to be helpful. I just believe there is a better way of going about it. I appreciate the input, although I can't guarantee that anything will change.
- Yes, I realize that, at the moment, this post is probably no better than Rei's. Still, I'm trying to clear up some confusion while clearly stating the current situation.
This is not meant to be a rage post. This is meant to inform the readers of the project's current status.